WillR

Bjarte Runderheim wrote:
"charlie b" wrote in message=20
=20
In my brief time in this group it seems there are
far more end grain (platters, bowls and other hollow
vessels) than there are center/"spindle" turners.

=20
=20
I suppose the truth is that all of us do both, from time to time, and m=

ore=20
or less.
But most of us also do most of the platter, dish, bowl, urn, closed-for=

m=20
thing,
and, I think you are right, there are fewer who do mainly the spindle t=

hing.
=20
To give numbers can never be anything but guessing, since there, to my =

knowledge,
is no research done on this question. I almost hope I am wrong about th=

is.
=20
Bjarte=20
=20
=20

Spindles for dough -- and bowls for show...

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw