Once you get used to those little ones, a 1206 (1/8" long) seems like a
cinder block. When I'm laying out & routing the board I zoom in about
10X, which magnifies the parts to about the size of the proverbial
postage stamp, The boards I just finished soldering are half the size
of a stamp.

Helpful hints: Wear an Optivisor with the #3 lens for soldering and the
flip-down round lens for inspection, use .015" rosin-core solder if
allowed, pull fine sandpaper between the tweezer tips to make them
parallel. IC leads can be checked by dragging a needle down them and
listening for the off-pitch sound of the needle hitting an unsoldered
pin.

JW, who has had to splice IC bonding wires with silver epoxy.