John R. Carroll

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , John R.

Carroll
says...

You may ask where economic growth is going, if it isn't showing up in

wages.
That's easy to answer: it's going to corporate profits, to rising health
care costs and to a surge in the salaries and other compensation of
executives.

And I wonder who's bearing the brunt of those 'rising health care
costs?' All those corporations are shutting down their pension and
medical plans too.

Basically the US population is being told "it's raining" while
they're getting their pockets ****ed into.

Jim

That isn't it Jim, or at least that isn't what was meant.
Let's say I'm in California today ( I am ) and you are in Louisiana (
pretend ). You call me for an update on the weather and I tell you that it's
a little warm but all in all it's pretty terrific, especially considering
last winters torrential rains and the fires that preceded them. Be Happy!
The problem of course is that you aren't in California. Your weather isn't
so good and you sure aren't happy but the forecast I faxed you is indeed
both accurate ( as far as it goes ) and pretty rosy. "This can't be" you say
" I'm calling that retard back, he must have made a mistake".
You call we chat and I send you a very detailed and comprehensive fax that
does indeed support my position that it's beautiful. I also include a snarky
note on the cover sheet that says your problem isn't the climate - you just
need to spend more time outside, a lot more. You are a whiner and you won't
make the extra effort required to get out and enjoy this excellent weather.
It's not in the note but I am hoping you will infer that I mean you are just
lazy and not a good American.

I am also laughing a little with my buddies Jim. I know what you don't - I'm
in California and the game has finally been rigged to the point where even
if you are out of doors 24/7 you haven't a prayer of tanning. In fact if you
do, you will shrivel up and die but not before us guys in California can
extract the last bit of value from you as you keep exerting yourself to
spend increasing amounts of time in the open.

The financial equivalent is that every time you complain that it's getting
tougher to make a go of it for you and your family I look at MY balance
sheet and Income statement and tell you things are fantastic and if you
weren't such a lazy commie ******* they would be the same for you. That's
what Bush and his crew are doing. They either don't get it or don't care,
and anyway, YOU getting a good tan is your problem not theirs so please STFU
and get out more will ya'.

You see, it's pretty simple.

--
John R. Carroll