Jeff Dantzler

In article you wrote:

"atheist" is inconsistent with libertarian.

You can be an agnostic and a libertarian but atheists claim
an unprovable knowledge (the non-existence of a god).

I disagree and look forward to you expanding on why your statement
is valid.

Atheism is characterized by an absence of belief in the existence
of gods. I don't have to claim that no god exists to be an atheist.

From lp.org:

"What is a Libertarian?

Libertarians believe that you have the right to live your life as you
wish, without the government interfering -- as long as you dont violate
the rights of others. Politically, this means Libertarians favor rolling
back the size and cost of government, and eliminating laws that stifle the
economy and control peoples personal choices."

Note no mention of "god" in the above statement. Libertarians could give
a **** whether you believe in god or not - that's your business!

I'll clarify my position a bit. By trade I am a biochemist, a scientist.
I believe in things because their existance has been demonstrated in
a rational fashion by myself or others.

I am a Libertarian before all else. My atheism grew out of my distaste for
folks who would push their beliefs upon some one else. Kind of like you
telling me I can't be an atheist and a Libertarian at the same time...

Jeff