David

In article .com,
writes

David wrote:
In article , Steve
writes
Steve wrote:
As an occasional and always very hesitant diy plumber, I've always used
traditional soldered or compression fittings in the past. I'm just
about to fit an outside tap and my local B&Q has a very patchy stock of
fittings. As a result I've bought a brass tap plus a selection of these
new fangled push fit fittings (some copper, some plastic).

I'm a bit wary of the push fit stuff - is there anything I should watch
out for? What if it leaks on test, how do I tighten it up or get it
apart again?

TIA

Steve

Thanks for all the advice. I'm sorry if I inadvertently started a
fight. Seems like there's more to this push fit stuff than I thought, I
think I'll take it back and get some traditional compression and
soldered fittings - I know what I'm doing with them.

I would go with the plastic and get the £5 cutter, its always useful to
have it because you're bound to do some more. I fitted my first complete
system with plastic about 6 yrs ago using a cheap cutter, no problems at
all, I still have it and use it regularly (with new blades). Plastic is
the quickest and simplest plumbing system you can fit.
--
David

And if on show will drop the price of your house, and at best make it
difficult to sell. use copper where pipes are exposed.

If you would care to google you find this is the most advised answer
anyway and it is exactly what I have done as well as many others, you
really are starting to sound like an amateur.
--
David