Dave Fawthrop

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:02:43 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

| In article ,
| Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| Completely conventional two header tanks, and indirect (coil) HW
| cylinder. Two circuits, downstairs and upstairs which only gets used in
| very cold weather
|
| The only oddity is that it will work by gravity in power cuts, but as we
| have had no long power cuts in 25 years, that is going.
|
| Does this refer to the heating? It must be pretty old if there's no
| electrics in the boiler. And if it works without the pump running this
| will need sorting, as it will waste energy with the new boiler.

It uses a conventional controller with pump but could be switched to manual
in the case of another "Winter of Discontent" All that will be ditched
when a new boiler is installed.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.