John Rumm

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

Objective is to save space.

Save space as it "loose the tanks etc" or really save sapace as in the
boiler needs to be tiny?

I have looked in Google Groups for old threads, and tried to answer
the questions which may be asked.

Kitchen tap gives 16l/m
Bath tap hot water gives 9l/min
Soft water.

I would start by downloading the free boiler database program:

http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm

That will give you the stats for most boilers.

As the others said you can pretty much ignore the heating side, however
it is worth looking for a model that will modulate as low as possible.
In a well insulated house however even a small boiler will cycle a bit
since it is not often going to be cold enough to keep above the minimum
modulation point.

Based on my experiance with my HE35, you may find something like the
Ideal Isar HE30 about right for your needs. It is physically very
compact, and will modulate down to 8kW. There is also the ECO Hometec
EC23s which will modulate right down to 4kW and still gives 28kW to DHW.

(personally I would not install anything smaller than about 35kW for
water heating though).

As I will now be pressurizing the central heating pipes (copper with
Yorkshire fittings) does anyone expect problems with this?

With the pipework no. With radiators, only if they are close to
knackered anyway. With very old lockshield valves - they may weep and
need replacing - but most won't.

--
Cheers,

John.