raden

In message , T i m
writes
On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:27:04 +0100, Derek ^
wrote:

When iron (or any other magnetic material) is heated above a certain point,
it won't attract a magnet.

Weller soldering irons work like that. I don't know af any boilers
that do.

Curie point again .. I'm not *sure* this boiler does but the fridge
seemed to Derek? ;-)

Are you repairing a boiler or a fridge ?

I've only ever heard of thermocouples used in boilers

They (I g) have no issue spending 7 quid (10 inc vat and postage /
whatever),

Best place to start is really to just go into your local CH merchant and
ask for one

If you don't mind me saying so, you're turning a simple problem into a
saga

--
geoff