Andrew Gabriel

Default White Water

In article ,
Velvet writes:
Andy Jeffries wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:53:01 -0700, Vince wrote:

Thinking about it (though it's probably unconnected) - the central
heating does not have a header tank but is fed from the mains via a
valve. I check the central heating pressure periodically and let more
water in if the pressure drops. The thing is, the pressure does drop
so I'm having to allow a bit more water in every month. Doesn't sound
right to me but I still can't find any leaks anywhere.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm having exactly the same two symptoms.
Hadn't worried about it until now! :-)

Didn't know if you wanted to know that you weren't alone!

Make that three of us :-)

When I installed central heating, I installed full bore
isolation valves on the various branches. Partly, this was
so I could isolate parts of the system to easily rule it
out of any such leak, but also it was because I installed
it slowly over a few years and wanted to be able to use
parts of the system when other parts were incomplete.

Both combi's I've had have had slow leak symptoms, but I rent, so I'm
not going to pull up all the floorboards to check the rad pipes. I just

You should inform the agent or owner. They might decide to
have it repaired rather than fixing dry rot in a few years
time. When I rented many years ago, my contract said failure
to report obvious faults like this left me liable for
consequential damages.

--
Andrew Gabriel