David Hearn

shaun wrote:
Derek ^ wrote:

We had a small cheap chest freezer in the kitchen which was
infrequently opened it contained 2 large turkeys (Free from ASDA)
sundry frozen food and lots of ice lollies. We started to notice a
faint off smell in the kitchen that we couldn't track down. Eventually
we got closer, and moving a pile of towels on the lid cracked it open
3-4 mm. The most awful, rancid, putrid smell of stinking carrion and
fermenting orange juice (from the lollies) filled the kitchen.

When we got rid of our old freezer we defrosted it before arranging for the
council to collect it. Unfortunately I missed 3 prawns hanging around in the
back of one of the drawers. Two weeks hence I had to move the thing and
opened the door - I don't think I could describe the smell.....

Fridge unplugged in wife's student house during 4 week Easter holiday.
No one around, hence unplugging to save electricity etc. Door left open
to avoid smells etc. Person emptying fridge missed the 3 sausages on a
plate.

Wife (not at the time) returns to house with me after Easter, opens door
to find weird smell. After looking (smelling?) around, discover source
of smell, and source of large number of flies. Upon closer looking,
find maggots crawling in stairs carpet down from kitchen to front door.
More maggots found inside and behind fridge.

Landlord refused to replace carpet or fridge... Our time was spent
cleaning carpets and fridge multiple times.

Student who left sausages was not the flavour of the month I can tell
you! She also was the last of the 4 house mates to arrive back...