mike ring

T i m wrote in
:

Some still take electricals, if they have a tame PAT tester.

Ah .. maybe ours hasn't such then? Would 'everything' need PAT
testing, even if only low voltage was coming out of the sealed, two
pin, plastic earth pin, transformer bit would you know Mike?

I wouldn't have thought it necessary, I don't know exackerly what's
involved - but you can bet it's required.

I expect it includes an eyeball physical condition, if nothing else.

I hoped to get a job doing it, but when I first raised it, there were too
many active retired qualified engineers already on the books.

Recently a chance came up, but I decided there were too many hoops
(criminal investigation etc) to jump through these days for a job sitting
in a back room PATting old light fittings, and dumping 1963 eighttracks
;-)

mike