David wrote:
In article , Steve
writes
Steve wrote:
As an occasional and always very hesitant diy plumber, I've always used
traditional soldered or compression fittings in the past. I'm just
about to fit an outside tap and my local B&Q has a very patchy stock of
fittings. As a result I've bought a brass tap plus a selection of the=

se
new fangled push fit fittings (some copper, some plastic).

I'm a bit wary of the push fit stuff - is there anything I should watch
out for? What if it leaks on test, how do I tighten it up or get it
apart again?

TIA

Steve

Thanks for all the advice. I'm sorry if I inadvertently started a
fight. Seems like there's more to this push fit stuff than I thought, I
think I'll take it back and get some traditional compression and
soldered fittings - I know what I'm doing with them.

I would go with the plastic and get the =A35 cutter, its always useful to
have it because you're bound to do some more. I fitted my first complete
system with plastic about 6 yrs ago using a cheap cutter, no problems at
all, I still have it and use it regularly (with new blades). Plastic is
the quickest and simplest plumbing system you can fit.
--
David

And if on show will drop the price of your house, and at best make it
difficult to sell. use copper where pipes are exposed.