Leon

"Sidney" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm trying to convince SWMBO that the money we would otherwise spend on
a "professional" duct cleaning service would be better spent on a nice
dust collection system for my shop. I could then use said DC to
periodically clean our forced air heating ducts. My house is a small
single store ranch with full basement, so all ductwork is fairly
accessible.

Well you make believe that it will work the same but chances are the fan on
you house system moves more air than your collector will. The pros usually
use a tool to clean/knock the dirt off of the inside surfaces while they
blow air through the system.