Wayne Cook

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:57:34 -0700, Kelley Mascher
wrote:

You're correct, Wayne, I should have said something about high
frequency arc starting. It's possible that the unit in question would
work on DC. However, I'm pretty sure since, it's called a stabilizer,
it will at least supply continuous high frequency output for an AC
power source. Continuous high frequency is used to stabilize AC for
aluminum TIG welding.

I did say DC didn't I. I wasn't thinking to well last night. I've
been sick this weekend and I'm not in top form. Yes it will provide
high frequency for both AC and DC but it won't provide the welding
current if it's what I think it is. For that he'll need a stick welder
of some form preferably a AC/DC unit with remote capability.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm