DJC

Steve wrote:
I would like to slacken off the door closers in a 2 year old house
because they slam like the gates of hell at the moment.

These are hollow internal doors and the visible parts of the closer
consist of 2 small oblong brass plates, one on the back edge of the door
about half way down, the other on the adjacent part of the door frame.
They are joined by a short length of something very similar to bicycle
chain, which disappears in to the body of the door when it is closed.

Obviously, when the door is open, this chain is under tension and I am
very wary of removing the brass plate on the back of the door when it is
like this. Is this kind of closer adjustable and does anybody have any
tips about doing it succesfully, while also keeping all of my fingers?

Perko door closers
Yes.
Open door wide
clamp chain with Mole wrench at door end
undo plate on frame
turn mole to slacken off tension
or remove the dammed thing altogether.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"