Rick

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:19:10 GMT, "Bob Minchin"
wrote:

I'm hiring a mini digger next week to do some simple groundwork in my
garden. (levelling, digging round small trees/big shrubs, plus footings for
an outbuilding)
Before it arrives I'd like to read up on basically how to drive such a
beast.
I'd sure the hire people will show me what to do when it arrives but I'd
rather not look a complete idiot by doing a little preparation.

Any pointers to online resources greatly appreciated.

TIA

Bob

Put it in the middle of the garden, and drive with care till you have
mastered the controlls. The hire comapny should give you some lessons,
so ask.

Taks some time to think which order you will dig, so you have a good
flat place to put the machine when digging. You can always make a
digging platform.

scraping a level surface is MUCH harder than it looks, it took me a
week to get any good, my 9 year old daughter learnt in 10 minuites, so
maybe its me. Having said that, after 1 day I put a three tonne
machine in my front room :-)

Rick