Timothy Murphy

Stuart wrote:

Actually, I have got the toilet working -
the overflow was not connected - just an open hole in the cistern.
I've sealed this, and bent the float arm
to let the water rise higher,
and all is working fine again.

The overflow not being connected wouldnt have contributed to your
problem..
I thought you said it only flushed when the water was dangerously high
but now you have bent the float arm to raise the level.????

I didn't explain myself well.
There is no overflow attached to the cistern,
leaving a hole in the side of the cistern where the overflow should be.
I sealed this hole, allowing the water to rise higher.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie