chris French

Default White Water

In message , BillR
writes
Vince wrote:
We've had a combi-boiler fitted, early this year, to drive the heating
and hot water. It seems to be working fine at the moment. The thing
is though that the hot water comes out white and it takes a few
seconds in the sink before it clears.

I check the central heating pressure periodically and let more
water in if the pressure drops. The thing is, the pressure does drop
so I'm having to allow a bit more water in every month. Doesn't sound
right to me but I still can't find any leaks anywhere.

I don't think the pressure drop is anything to do with the "white" water.
The pressure drop is concerned with the CH (radiator) side of the system and
is due to a small leak/seepage from the radiator circuit and should be
fixed

An alternative possibility (though less likely given a newish boiler))
is a small leak via the diaphragm in the pressure vessel.

As you say the white water could just be the heat driving out the normal
dissolved air in the incoming water but I would have thought the water would
have had to be much hotter than is normal for a domestic HW tap.

I've seen something similar.
--
Chris French, Leeds