Bob

Default Fridge water supply

After being abandoned by Expert Appliance Care, who have the contract for
Whirlpool's warrenty repairs (long story [1] ), I'm left needing to repair
the water supply tube. It's a thin plastic tube, with a 4mm internal
diameter (or it is as far as I can tell). I just need to cut out a damaged
section and join the ends together - the question is, what with? I've tried
RS, but they've only got a push on connector that looks like it would come
straight off under mains pressure, and in any case would restrict the tube
to 2mm.

Could anyone suggest somewhere else to try?

Cheers

Bob

[1] Here's the long story bit...

Bought a Whirlpool side-by-side American style fridge freezer. Six months
later, the condensor fan is making a racket, and I've accidentally stretched
the water supply pipe - oops!

Despite promising to phone first, The repairman turns up unnanounced.
No-one in. This happens twice more. Expert Appliance refuse to come out
again, until I remind them that they promised to phone before arriving, and
threaten to call Whirlpool. Repair man turns up, looks at appliance for 10
seconds, "You need a new condenser fan motor, mate" - I'll have to order it.

One month later, comes back, changes motor, but breaks the mounting frame
and says nothing. Hasn't ordered water pipe. Fridge starts buzzing
intermitantly.

Another month later, comes back. New water pipe too short.

3 more weeks, I phone and ask whats going on - the call the "engineer" and
he says they sent the wrong pipe again. He'll order another.

I never hear from them again, despite phoning several times. Buzzing is
getting really loud, so I take the back off and discover the condenser fan
motor bracket is snapped in two. I realise it's been covered up and not
just broken at some other point, because the bit that broke off has been
screwed on back to front.

Phone Whirlpool to tell them that Expert Appliance are not allowed back in
my house, and to get the parts to mend it myself (water pipe and new motor
bracket)

Parts arrive. They're not just wrong, but bear no resemblance to anything
else in my fridge at all! I mend the fan bracket by melting the broken ends
together with a soldering iron. Success! Buzzing eliminated Still no way
to mend the water pipe though.

Post here in desperation!