D Murphy

"John R. Carroll" wrote in
:

"D Murphy" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote in
m:

"D Murphy" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote in
m:
"D Murphy" wrote in message
jim rozen wrote in
:

In article ,
Gunner says...

My experience has been that people that are that confident in their
plan are doomed to have their asses handed to them. The guy sitting
in podunk will have plenty of time to plan his escape and revenge.

I think he is as likely to just give up and accept what will become
his lot in life. He had that look and fel about him. Three years
without income is not something you forget quickly and the guy has a
family to provide for. A great deal will also depend on what comes
next. This guy might be one of the lucky few in ten years.

Too bad if that is the case. Bigger companies throw away loads of good
business opportunities. Enterprising employees often take the discarded
ideas and run with them.

I don't get why some people give up and are resigned to accepting their
lot in life. Another thing, why is working two jobs no longer an option
for people? I did that for a while, it got my wife and I on our feet when
we were young and very poor. Most weeks I worked 90 hours. Did it suck?
You bet. Then I quit the second job and went to school at night. That
sucked too. But it payed off in the long run.

snip

Adams, Lincoln, FDR and many others have trampled on civil rights in
far worse ways than the Patriot Act does. We do have a tradition of
restoring those rights soon after the crisis at hand is over. I'm
confident the Patriot Act won't be permanent.

Unless I am mistaken Dan the Senate passed the conferenced version
just before the break.
Until it's repealed it is the law.

Here is an update on it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
dyn/content/article/2005/08/27/AR2005082700943.html

No matter which version wins out, it's a reauthorization, not a permanent
change. Otherwise it wouldn't stand up to the constitutional sniff test.

--

Dan