Gerd Busker

Default rewiring consumer unit - advice

In article , Wheelbarrowbob wrote:
Yes you should contact your supplier to make a disconnection as you havent got
an isolator fitted, but generally in the real world most of us cut the seal to
the main service fuse and remove the fuse isolating the supply.

In fact, when my main fuse blew and I told the electricity board man
who came to fix it of my intention to replace the CU (debris in the CU
caused the short) he actually showed me where the fuse was and that I
could remove it to isolate my mains. He even said I should move the meter,
but in the end he did that for me!

Gerd.