RicodJour

Default Removing Carpet Tack Strips From Concrete Floor

jim evans wrote:
I assume this is simple but I've never had occasion to do it before.

I need to remove the tack strips from one edge of my carpet, and later
replace them. It is a slab floor. My memory is these strips are
nailed down using some kind of concrete nails. Is it a simple matter
of breaking the wooden strips out and then using an ordinary nail
puller to remove the nails? If not, how do I remove the strips and
the nails?

You got it right the first time. Use some leftover thinset, leveling
compound, Durabond, mortar mix...errr...you get the idea, to fill in
the holes if they're big enough to be objectionable.