Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Owain writes:
T i m wrote:
I poped the top off the existing (double) socket and noted there were
3 sets of wires, potentially ring in / out and 'another'. On the other
side of the room was a single socket and 'probably' the other end of
this spur.
My (general) question is what are the rules re taking another spur off
this ring point (assuming you can get 4 x 2.5mm in the connectors
etc), especially as this and the existing are only single sockets (I'm
thinking this spur *could* have fed a double?).

Well ... technically it could give rise to a high point load but I
AFAICR there's nothing against it in the Regs.

The space in the terminals and the back box for the wires is going to be
the killer - bear in mind the requirement for "good workmanship".

Different makes vary. Be prepared to go out and buy a good
replacement socket with plenty of terminal capacity. The
other issue will be is there enough space in the back box
for another cable? Generally, you need a deeper box when
you have so many cables entering the box.

--
Andrew Gabriel