Blair wrote:
My wife uses a Black & Decker Dustbuster and recently it has lost power and
doesn't seem to recharge
I noticed that the plug which connects the base unit to the mains remains
cold. Usually it is warm to touch
I assume that the plug incorporates a transformer. How can I check this?
If this transformer is faulty can I buy a replacement?
Any advice would be appreciated
Blair

Your battery is knackered. Financially it won't be worth fixing but if
you like to tinker with stuff then you could always open it up and see
what kind of cells it takes.

Do these small hand held vacuums actually work? I've never been
convinced by the mains operated ones let alone rechargeable type. You
end up picking the stuff up with one hand and feeding it into the
nozzle while trying to convince yourself that you're saving time.