Andy Cuffe

On 23 Aug 2005 13:13:52 -0700, "danmc91" wrote:

I have a Weller soldering station. It is a model EC2002M-O Power
Unit and EC1302A pencil. I am trying to obtain some service
information. Anyone know if the service manual available somewhere? I
suspect
that the heating element and/or thermal sensor in the EC1302A are
bad but before I start ordering replacement parts, I want to test
it a bit more.

Thanks
-Dan

It should be easy to test the heating element for resistance. I've
seen bad cables on a few Weller irons, so it's worth checking all 5
conductors. What does the temperature display read? If it's not
around room temp, the sensor, or control board is bad. If it does
read the correct temp, there should be 24v going to the heater. If
not, the control board is bad.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005