moonlite

Default CTC177 bad eeprom ??

For all of you people familiar with this chassis: Set came in dead. I
knew immediately it was the tuner grounds problem so I did that. Now
set comes on just fine but without any audio. I can order a new eeprom,
but why have my customer wait if there are indications that it may not
be the eeprom ? For example, disconnecting emmiter of Q903 does not
help. Pin 29 of the micro is not high, so the mute circuit is not
activated. I replaced the audio output IC. All caps check ok. I tried
to see if the speakers are in the OFF position by disconnecting pin 8
of eeprom after set comes on, but i could not see this option in all
the menus ( I am familiar with this procedure). Does every CTC177
chassis have this option ? If so, how do I get to it ? I am afraid I
may have to wait for this $2 part after all. Thanks for your ideas.

moonlite