kip

Nobody in there right mind would jump that .015 cap..
Why don't you do some serious trouble shooting in that section
first change the .015 and did you put in exactly the same HOT Trany ?
What are the voltages measuring ..??Give some useful information.

kip
"MarkC" wrote in message
Came in dead with no click. Replaced shorted HOUT but it blew instantly
at turn on. Then replaced fly & HOUT but then only got the relay
clicking 3 times. Came across a sym/cure about horizontal being out of
phase because of a corrupted eprom so I tried jumping C4402 with an
identical .015 cap and now the set does turn on with a good picture
(except of course for the bending pincushion effect because of the
jumped caps). I tried a new eprom but still have the same problem. So
the current status is that it powers up when C4402 is jumped but it
doesn't power up when not jumped and a new eprom didn't solve the
problem. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark