Duane Bozarth

Chris wrote:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:52:04 -0700, Chris
wrote:

Thanks for the reply, guys. I'm a novice sheetrocker as you can tell.
Since this is going to be used for a tub insert, I don't know if a
super tight seal is important (Crane Plumbing indicates in their
literature that the surround is so water tight, it doesn't matter what
kind of sheet rock you use and that a person COULD put it directly to
the studs if they wanted to). I opted not to put it right to the
studs fearing how the surround might react when one of my teenagers
puts weight on it, etc...

I this is going behind the tub insert, why even tape it???

I had 'planned on' (though that plan is adjustable :-), using the self
adhesive fiberglass tape and mudding over that. ...

Whatever you're more comfortable with works for me...I just answered
about my practice which is, as noted, based more on past history than
anything else...