Andy Jeffries

Default White Water

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:53:01 -0700, Vince wrote:
We've had a combi-boiler fitted, early this year, to drive the heating
and hot water. It seems to be working fine at the moment. The thing
is though that the hot water comes out white and it takes a few
seconds in the sink before it clears.

Thinking about it (though it's probably unconnected) - the central
heating does not have a header tank but is fed from the mains via a
valve. I check the central heating pressure periodically and let more
water in if the pressure drops. The thing is, the pressure does drop
so I'm having to allow a bit more water in every month. Doesn't sound
right to me but I still can't find any leaks anywhere.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm having exactly the same two symptoms.
Hadn't worried about it until now! :-)

Didn't know if you wanted to know that you weren't alone!

Cheers,

ANdy