Andy Hall

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:40:25 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Rembrandt Kuipers" wrote in message

We have just got another of those letters assuring us that the if we still
do not have a TV we need take no further action but to expect a visit. Do
they actually ever visit? After all these years I have still to have the
pleasure of entertaining a TV inspector.

I once had visit. Then I continued getting letters.

I don't any more, I sent a VERY stiff letter ...

I've got a library of cardboard ones, created over the years for "that
special occasion". My two favourite folders are those for
jobsworths and companies who don't deliver on their promises and think
that that's acceptable.

I also remember a salesman trying to sell us on the wonders of a cable
package. It was amusing to see his sales pitch disintegrate when informed
that we do not have a TV. Had to be there.

In my experience they just back off. If we're mad enough not to have a telly
who knows what a danger to society we are?

I expect that Special Branch has us both logged as subversives.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl