Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Mac

Better develop that feeling feedback thing, before the hearing catches
up with the seeing, etc. damhik.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

mac davis wrote:

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:26:59 +0100, TEK wrote:
snip

I find that I feel what the tool is doing as much as I see what the tool is doing.
There is a lot of difference in the feel of a dense wood compared to a soft wood.

Tom.. do you also go by the sound?

I didn't realize that I get a lot of "feedback" from the sound of the lathe rpm,
the cutting edge on the wood, etc., until the other night when I was roughing a
bowl and my wife turned on a finish sander and shop vac...
Everything just "felt" different.. I really hadn't expected noise to make a
difference..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing