Chris

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:19:39 -0700, "Shabam"
wrote:

How's the unit working? If it's working great, I don't know that I'd
jump at getting it repaired. The immediate problem is the drainage
onto your ceiling - that may create some big problems in the future if
you don't get that stopped. Consider stainless for the material next
time since it doesn't sound like the galvanized lasted long.

A tech said he will replace the pan with a plastic one from some company
named Payne (sp?). Is this a better solution than a metal one?

lol - I thought about plastic after I sent my original. Plastic would
work fine too - some polys hold up better in inclimate weather than
others but it's a less expensive solution than metal these days.
Sounds like the estimated work approaches a new unit so if your
existing one has life left in it, you might as well get the bang for
the buck and run it until it fails. I've had a WIDE variety in
experiences with service guys too though so it may pay to have another
company take a look and give you an estimate. One company I am
familiar with sells way more compressors than they need to, for
example.