MisterSkippy

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 04:47:59 GMT, C5Ya wrote:

My air conditioning unit won't start and keeps tripping the circuit
breaker. When I try to reset it with the A/C on, the fan will move
just slightly and then the breaker trips. I can see nothing physically
wrong with it or the metal bars it connects to. With the A/C off, it
seems to switch on and off normally. I suspect and fear that there
may be a problem with the compressor or something else in the unit.
But if the breaker is bad, I can replace it myself and save a service
call. Problem is that I'm not sure how to test it. Any help or
advise would be appreciated.

TIA

I'd replace the breaker as a first shot. I had one go bad and
replacing it was the cure. You can always call service afterwards if
it still trips.