Mike Berger

This should work of course, but it would be best to capture
the gopher responsible and make him show you where he committed
his crime.

Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com, "Mark" wrote:

interesting question

is the wire a single insulated conductor or is it some kind of shielded
or multiconductor cable?

All the electronic dog fences I've ever seen use a single insulated conductor.

do you have acess to both ends and the break is in the middle of the
loop someplace?

Obviously he has access to both ends -- they're connected to the control unit.

i guess you could connect an AM signal gen to eac h end and follow it
with a portable AM radio

He already has an AM signal generator connected to each end -- the control
unit. All he needs is a radio, as I described in another post.