Amun

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"david" wrote in message
news
we've had the kenmore stackable front loaders for near a year now.. I'll
never go back to a top loader. the washer and dryer both are much more
efficient. Of course, we make sure there are no kids inside when we use
them.. geesh!!

When did the first front loaders come out? I recall my mother replacing

the
old wringer washer with a Bendix front load about 1950 or so.

Comical, isn't it.

The newest "innovations" are often rehashed ideas.

The front loaders were just abandoned by the manufacturers in the 60's when
you were supposed to "live better electricly" with all new power sucking
toys, right down to having electrical swizzle sticks.

People wanted lots of clean water to wash with, and front loaders wouldn't
hold as much as top loaders.

Electricity and water was cheap, we were all going to own "flying cars" and
the only talk of ozone was at the amusement park where the bumper cars were.

Sigh ! Am I just getting old ?