Peter Parry

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:19:40 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

Can anyone advise me if I can use standard internal extension wire for an
external non-BT connection? It will need to go underground (or overhead) for a
couple of metres and the rest will be pinned to an external wall.

It will degrade in the sun (particularly) and rain so expect it to
fail in a few years. If you run it in conduit or a pipe it will last
decades. External cable is a better bet but it is quite stiff - it
doesn't go around sharp corners very well and it is usually more
convenient to terminate it with a junction box as soon as you get
inside and use internal cable after that.

Any general suggestions for completing the job?

http://www.wppltd.demon.co.uk/WPP/Wi...telephone.html

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/