Mike Berger wrote:
This should work of course, but it would be best to capture
the gopher responsible and make him show you where he committed
his crime.

.........and sue the little bugger for damages.

Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com, "Mark" wrote:

interesting question

is the wire a single insulated conductor or is it some kind of shielded
or multiconductor cable?

All the electronic dog fences I've ever seen use a single insulated conductor.

do you have acess to both ends and the break is in the middle of the
loop someplace?

Obviously he has access to both ends -- they're connected to the control unit.

i guess you could connect an AM signal gen to eac h end and follow it
with a portable AM radio

He already has an AM signal generator connected to each end -- the control
unit. All he needs is a radio, as I described in another post.