Chris

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Some books on routers caution the reader NOT to close in the router (with
a door in the front), but rather to keep it open for purposes of
preventing the router from overheating.

And some books lay out plans for router tables WITH the front closed.

Of course, authors on both sides of this debate are 'experts' in the
field. And hence, this leaves me to question which direction to take.

Closing the router in allows for better dust control (with a nicely
positioned dust port under the table - in addition, of course, to the dust
port above the table). I would assume that closing it in also helps cut
down the noise level.

Could I hear opinions on this? I'm leaning towards closing it in, if not
just to keep generic dust and junk off the router.

Jack

I would imagine that a closed system with a DC would create a cooler router.
Compare that to now air flow in a closed system.

Where would you rather be? In a closed room hotter than heck, or with a
breeze.

Chris