David Deuchar

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
I've got an old 20 gal (?) compressor tank in which I want to install a
drain. I'm guessing it to be 1/4-inch (6.3 mm?) thick steel. Tank is rated
125 psi.

Can I drill and tap this for 1/4 or 3/8-inch pipe? Or should i get a
"plug"
welded to it that I can drill & tap?

Are there rules to follow for such stuff? Is there a better n.g. to ask
this
question in?

Thanks,

DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Are there rules for such stuff? I would hope there are, in your country.

If you don't know the answer without asking don't mess with air or gas
filled pressure systems.
There are some very scary answers to this question.