CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

69strat wrote:
Thanks for the ideas and help everyone. I have not contacted a lawyer
yet. This is our first house and well, not sure about all this.

I contacted the zoning dept. and he said "you surely had to know about
this when you bought the house". I said we did not and the builder
sold the land. Plans were then changed. Why would the builder pay for
all that extra concrete for the culdesac, if he planned on putting a
through street in.?

I was talking to the builder on some other issues and he confirmed that
this was supposed to remain a culdesac.

The builder does not decide how the land is laid out, the municipality
does. he cant change anything. He must ask for a change from the
municipality. They in turn will likely send out letters indicating a
hearing data, etc..

This has happened to me in some form. The company on one end of my
neighborhood has bought up land and got the city to rezone it so they
can put a road there. This allows them to dump their traffic onto a
side streed as opposed to the main street. it saves them a bit of land
i guess. Sucks for those with houses there. But they did buy some of
those houes. And there were letters and a hearing.

If there is a hearing you should go fully prepared with before and after
pictures and everything you can gather. Cities can sometimes support
developers over residents.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert