User Example

Shabam wrote:
I have an air conditioner leaking water on to my ceiling. The unit is up in
the attic and I had someone come out to take a look. He said the evaporator
coil and horizontal coil needs to be replaced. The drain pan was all rusted
out at the bottom also (not sure if that's a separate thing). Anyways, I
was quoted $1800 to have it fixed. This seems rather high so I'd like to
get your opinion. Note that I know nothing about ACs.

The air con is a 3 ton unit, and I see in the notes that the existing coil
model # is 6H365 36000, followed by what looks like "BtPayne" (not sure what
that is, can't read the sloppy handwriting).

Can someone give me some advice on this, such as:

- Is this price too high?
- The drain pain, is that what the coil is referring to?
- What brand coil should I get? I've read some reports about flimsy coils
that will break in a few years, and I don't want that.

That's about what I paid for a replacement.