Henry

The local hardware superstore has PowerDevil shredders
for 100 euro (65 pounds sterling).

I wonder if anyone has experience of thses, good or bad?
I'm asking because I had a very bad experience
with a PowerDevil cordless drill,
where the rechargeable battery failed after one usage.
(The shop said I must have over-charged it, which is possible.)

Well after having a few crap Powerdevil tools I would say leave well alone.
We had a Powerdevil hover mower that decided to self-destruct the rotating
part sending shards up to 20 feet. Now the bits of that were plastic so not
too lethal, but a shredder is going to have big whirly metal blades :-(

I would not be happy being in the same garden as one working, let alone
using. OK I may be overeacting but in my experience Powerdevil is pretty
much at the bottom of the cheap chinese tat tool quality league.

Henry