Patriarch

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip
I was routing 3/4" oak ply, across the grain. The fence was smooth
aluminum, so no problems there. Fence was on the right, if that
matters.

It does. Get to the library or book store and pick up a copy of Pat
Warner's "Router Book". Learn about the tool first, then use it.

Routers can be fun if you like SCREAMING, WILD, DUST SPEWING tools.

And router planes are somewhat prone to tearout on oak plywood. ;-)

If you have a quiet, dust free suggestion for dados in plywood, I'd love to
hear about it. The closet rebuild for LOML is underway, and my shop is
buried in plywood at the moment.

A cross dado, even with a sled, on a 94" slab of 3/4" prefinished ply,
isn't going to happen on my tablesaw.

Patriarch,
spending a lot of time with foam earplugs installed these days...