Larry Jaques

On 25 Aug 2005 20:48:26 -0700, the opaque "KJ"
clearly wrote:

Hello All,

I did some of my first dado's with d-handle router. Most of them came
out wiggly.

Any tips to avoid this?

Don't "climb cut" again before learning how.

It seems like during the routing process, it's not entirely smooth
sailing.

It takes practice to be able to keep a loose(r) grip on the router
and a firm pressure on the piece you're cutting.

I was routing 3/4" oak ply, across the grain. The fence was smooth
aluminum, so no problems there. Fence was on the right, if that
matters.

It does. Get to the library or book store and pick up a copy of Pat
Warner's "Router Book". Learn about the tool first, then use it.

Routers can be fun if you like SCREAMING, WILD, DUST SPEWING tools.

CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design