mac davis

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:26:59 +0100, TEK wrote:
snip
I find that I feel what the tool is doing as much as I see what the tool is doing.
There is a lot of difference in the feel of a dense wood compared to a soft wood.

Tom.. do you also go by the sound?

I didn't realize that I get a lot of "feedback" from the sound of the lathe rpm,
the cutting edge on the wood, etc., until the other night when I was roughing a
bowl and my wife turned on a finish sander and shop vac...
Everything just "felt" different.. I really hadn't expected noise to make a
difference..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing