Mary Fisher

wrote in message
ups.com...

But I doubt I'd be taken in by any of the suggested ploys. Why not be
honest
and present the house as it is, let the buyer decide what to do with it
make it his/her ideal living place? If they have any character they're
not
going to keep it as you think it should be.

Mary

Read the link I gave. It was a list that sells a house. How do I know?
I do them up and sell them.

To a limited (although probably large) market.

People have the money and want a walk in a
house with newish modern kitchen, bathroom and fitted wardrobes with a
few sticks of furniture.

Some people, not all. The discriminating ones want more. We'd rather have
something we could make our own.

The newer the better. It is worth fitting the
odd new sink and mixer tap

A mixer tap would be a negative point for us.

and replacing all the door handles to good
quality items.

Are you suggesting that the original owners have poor quality door handles?
That's insulting.

Have nothing that indicates DIY with all pipes and
cables hidden. Then neutral colours. As the TV people keep saying "no
clutter". If your furniture is awful

More insulting language. And as for what's said on TV - well, if you set
your standards by what others are saying it suggests that you can't think
for yourself.

then take it away to storage and
rent modern furniture,

Most modern furniture would be 100% undesirable to many people.

or just live with relatives and leave the place
empty. That should sell the place.

No-one to make coffee or bread then!

Go to the show house on building sites and take pictures. They have
professionals to design the interiors to appeal to a wide market.

But not the whole market. Who wants to be one of a crowd? I'd rather be an
individual and make my own judgements, have the furniture, fittings and
colours to my tastes, not others'. And I'm not alone.

I've been to 'show houses'. They're just that, for show, not for living.
Yesterday I received an IKEA catalogue. I looked at every page and couldn't
see any room setting which looked as though it were really being lived in -
or could be lived in. The catalogue's in the recycling bin.

For some years I worked for a professional commercial photographer. The
artifices practised in the advertising and PR world are dishonest and since
my eyes were opened I don't believe anything which smacks of such deceit.

Mary