mrcheerful

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
Yes, I have to do this unenviable job...first time this dryer has failed
in over ten years. Old belt has broken...

New belt is on its way, and I've looked back in this group to find out
what I can.

I have the top off the machine, also the small panel at bottom front.
This seems to be all the access there is. I know I have to get the belt
over the motor shaft and the two idler pulleys, and I hear this is not
easy.

But...how do I get the belt over the drum in the first place? I guess I
can try and move the duct in front of the drum.... not sure how much it
moves.

All help gratefully received! Thanks...
http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com

on my okd hotpoint tdryer, remove top, pull off knob (screw behind) and
remove switch panel(prises off), remove the front panel (screws top and
bottom) complete with door (be careful of switch wiring to door lock)
it is then easy to put the belt round the drum, it is also easy to go behind
one spring loaded wheel and round the motor shaft, you then have to devise a
way to pull the other spring loaded wheel back so that the belt can go where
it should so that each wheel is pressing on the back of the belt, this is
not too hard to do afaicr. reassemble. I usually found that the plastic
strips that support the front of the drum were either worn or broken, so you
usually need a couple of those too, or swap them top to bottom so that the
least worn are on the lower edge, a good Hoover out is a good idea too,

mrcheerful