ocidental

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:28:47 +0100, Jeremy C B Nicoll
wrote:

I also wonder if anyone makes a standalone RCD that could be sited
outside the bathroom (eg high up on the hall wall?) and have the
existing bathroom light circuit routed through it - ie could I take
cable out of the current bathroom ceiling pull-switch and through the
wall to a RCD then back in to the existing light circuit (or something)?

This is a way of adding an RCD
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/RCD_Protected_Range/RCD_Protected_Range_2/index.html

Something about zones here
http://www.diydata.com/electrics/bathroom_electrics/bathroom_electrics.htm

You could use an external bulkhead with an ipx4, certainly cheap but
looks a bit odd and would need an RCD if in zone 1. I know I've seen
shower lights that were'nt downlighters but mostly they are
downlighters, that is the wiring is all sealed in the ceiling void out
of the bathroom. They look quite good, are cheap and easy to fit in
your case, but you'd be going from 3 lights to 1.

Would it be possible to move the lights to zone 3? I suppose it
depends on which way the joists are going.