Don Kelly

none wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a little experiment where I can take well water
that's heavy in minerals to bridge two wires. This works with AC,
however, I was hoping to use a DC source to make it portable. My original
test was to modify a flash light at the back end and put the back end with
small points on that outside that would bridge once submersed in the
water. If I take a piece of wire between the two point the light comes
on, however, putting it in the heavily mineraled water does not.

Thanks,
Ken

probably too much resistance, at the low voltage of a flashlight, to allow
enough current to flow to actually make the bulb glow. Try it with a LED
flashlight or use a transistor power stage in between.

--

Don Kelly @shawcross.ca
remove the X to answer