Peter Parry

On 25 Aug 2005 06:24:34 -0700, "kiich" wrote:

BT Line coming into lounge - i can see a black wire coming through the
wall into
lounge and at the end of that, it has

a) the Blue cable connected to another cable's (which i will come onto
later) Green cable using a plastic clear 'thing' (excuse me the
technical term but i dont know what it's called)

Commonly known as "Jelly Beans" and used to connect external wiring
to internal. The connector is filled with a thick sticky grease
which waterproofs the connection.

but the lower plate has the following:

2,3,4 ans 5 IDC
AND
another CS, CB, CA, B and A IDC ??!!

That is a digital NTE5 - part of an old Home Highway installation.

Now - if I plug in my ADSL router directly to NTE 5's internal socket
(i.e. lower face plat completely removed and i plug in directly to the
test socket), my broad band works.

If i wire like above, and plug into the lower faceplat's phone socket,
nothing works for broad band.

Change the NTE5(d) for a standard NTE5 or ask BT to do it for you.

--
Peter Parry WPP Ltd http://www.wpp.ltd.uk
Antenna solutions for car, caravan, house, office, boat and tent.